NBA Free Agency is in a holding pattern as Lebron James and others wait for everyone to make the first decision that will dictate the rest of the free agency period.
- Channing Frye and the Orlando Magic agreed to a four-year, $32 million deal proving that the Dwight Howard-trade was a fluke and the Orlando Magic GM Rob Hennigan could have used some more seasoning.
- The Brooklyn Nets have officially rebounded from the Jason Kidd fiasco by signing..Bojan Bogdanovic! As the years go on we may see more players on the Nets whose names we will never be able to spell on our first try.
- Two new faces will be in the Miami Heat locker room. Josh McRoberts and Danny Granger joined the Heat on cap-friendly deals to perhaps try and entice Lebron to stay…hopefully they can come up with something better.
I’m Tired of Rumors Starting
- The hot-rumor is that Carmelo Anthony is waiting for Chris Bosh to accept the Houston Rockets max-offer to then join King James in Miami. Personally, I hope this isn’t true, and that’Melo shouldn’t try and ride the coattails of the guy he was just never able to be better than.
- Apparently, the Minnesota Timberwolves aren’t interested in what the Boston Celtics have to offer for Kevin Love. More on this another day soon, but this is very sad news for Celtics Nation.
- The New York Knicks are talking to the Philadelphia 76ers about moving Iman Shumpert and the last year Amar’e Stoudemire‘s contract to help Philly reach the cap floor. If this deal were to happen, it could make room for Anthony to go back NY and bring some help with him.
- Speaking of help, Pau Gasol has met with the Oklahoma City Thunder and will be the ultimate second prize this offseason. He fits almost anywhere he may go and I think whatever team he goes to (except maybe NY) will be in the NBA Finals.