1. Get the first line going
The Boston Bruins first line has been terrible as of late. In the Bruins three losses, they are a combined -16. It doesn’t take a genius to realize this is pretty horrible. In the case of Brad Marchand and David Pastrnak, they seem to be trying to make the extra play. Whether it be dangling through their legs or trying to make a pretty shot.
More from Boston Bruins
- Boston Bruins fans better be ready for a bridge year
- Boston Bruins Rumors: Why letting Tyler Bertuzzi walk is a big mistake
- Boston Bruins Rumors: Milan Lucic back returns to the Black & Gold express
- Boston Bruins Draft class 2023: Grades & thoughts on draft selections
- Boston Bruins win 3 big awards at NHL Awards Gala: Thoughts & reactions
Overall they need to simplify their game. They need to pepper Frederik Andersen with shots. Andersen has been great this series, but the Bruins haven’t made him move a lot. A lot of their shots have been straight on Andersen. If the Bruins can jump on rebounds and make Andersen scramble they should have some success.
If the Bruins want to win they are going to need at least one goal from this line. The Bruins need to score early and jump on the Leafs. The Bruins need to kill the Leafs hope before it can begin to sprout.