The Boston Bruins early exit from the playoffs was disappointing, but there is some hope for this young and talented team.
The Boston Bruins Stanley Cup dreams were not meant to be in 2018. They seemed to have the skill and the heart to last long in the playoffs, but the Tampa Bay Lightning are the ones headed to the Eastern Conference Finals.
The Bruins got production from their top line, they were able to control Tampa’s top pair and Tuukka Rask was giving the Bruins a chance to win every night, but it wasn’t enough.
They had their fair share of struggles. The defense had its issues clearing the puck out of the zone and the offense couldn’t get anything going. It was a disappointing end to a promising season.
More from Boston Bruins
- Boston Bruins fans better be ready for a bridge year
- Boston Bruins Rumors: Why letting Tyler Bertuzzi walk is a big mistake
- Boston Bruins Rumors: Milan Lucic back returns to the Black & Gold express
- Boston Bruins Draft class 2023: Grades & thoughts on draft selections
- Boston Bruins win 3 big awards at NHL Awards Gala: Thoughts & reactions
Now the Bruins will head into the offseason with more experience and some time to look back on what ended up being a great season. The Bruins realized what it takes to make it to the Eastern Conference finals and will look to be back in the playoffs next season. Even though the wounds are still fresh this is an exciting time to be a Boston Bruins fan.
So it may be painful, but let’s look back at the series and what the Bruins can takeaway from it. There is some good and some bad just like everything in life.