3. Hunter Renfrow, Clemson
With the New England Patriots targeting and losing out on former Clemson wide receiver Adam Humphries in free agency, they will have a chance to select a similar player in the NFL Draft and at a much cheaper price.
More from New England Patriots
- Former Patriot Stevan Ridley Put Kevin Hart in a Wheelchair
- 3 Patriots Who Can Clinch a Roster Spot in Final Preseason Game
- Patriots Get Win Over Division Rivals Before Season Even Begins
- New Massachusetts Sportsbook Promos: $450 Bonus to Bet on Your Patriots at Caesars + DraftKings
- Ezekiel Elliott Reveals 3 Reasons Why He Signed With Patriots
As a clutch performer in college, Clemson product Hunter Renfrow has Patriots written all over him. Not only is he similar in size to Julian Edelman at 5-foot-10, 184 pounds, his knack for the big catch in championship games makes him the ultimate potential successor.
An ACC third-team all-conference wide receiver in 2018, Renfrow’s production dipped a little, but his overall reliability as a pass catcher will quickly earn him a spot in Tom Brady’s circle of trust.
Speaking to Tom Brady, Renfrow has dreams of playing for the Patriots and catching passes from the future Hall-of-Fame quarterback.
"“I would love to be a Patriot. Whoever gets me, that would be awesome,” Renfrow told the Greenville News. “I had a dream I was a Patriot last night. It was the weirdest thing. I went to sleep and…I was having a meeting with Tom Brady.”"
With multiple picks in the third round, Hunter Renfrow can see his dream come true.