1. Kyrie Irving is still one of the best point guards in the NBA
If you think that Kyrie Irving isn’t a good basketball player you are sadly mistaken. Even though Irving didn’t seem like it in the playoffs he is still a top player in the NBA today.
More from Boston Celtics
- 3 Most Underpaid Celtics Heading Into the 2023 Season
- Blake Griffin Angling Hard to Re-Sign With Celtics
- Game-by-Game Predictions for the Celtics’ 2023-24 In-Season Tournament Schedule
- Kristaps Porzingis’ Foot Injury is a Problem Despite Celtics’ Optimism
- Marcus Smart, Grant Williams and Ime Udoka all Returning to Boston on 2023-24 Schedule
This season we saw Irving take a small drop in points per game, but he improved in other areas. This season Irving averaged 23.8 points, 6.9 assists, and 5 rebounds a game.
The assists are something that is important. Irving loves himself some iso ball where he can just drive to the rim and make a crazy play, but we saw Kyrie become a better facilitator this season.
Also we continued to see Kyrie Irving improve defensively. We saw him taking charges, diving for lose balls, and actually putting forth an effort.
We saw in the playoffs that Irving is a shooter at heart. There are times when he will try and shoot himself out of a cold streak when he should really try to defer to other players. If Irving wants to improve as a player he will have to realize when he is having an off night.
So let’s not run a top player in the NBA out of Boston just yet.