If everything goes right for the New England Patriots these group of guys won’t be seeing the field, but injuries and suspensions can change all of that.
More from New England Patriots
- Former Patriot Stevan Ridley Put Kevin Hart in a Wheelchair
- 3 Patriots Who Can Clinch a Roster Spot in Final Preseason Game
- Patriots Get Win Over Division Rivals Before Season Even Begins
- New Massachusetts Sportsbook Promos: $450 Bonus to Bet on Your Patriots at Caesars + DraftKings
- Ezekiel Elliott Reveals 3 Reasons Why He Signed With Patriots
One of the first players that comes to mind is Braxton Berrios. Berrios suffered an injury and missed the entire 2018 season. This has really set him back in the organization.
Going into the 2018 season it seemed like Berrios had a chance to make a name for himself with Julian Edelman suspended for the first 4 games of the regular season. Berrios was even getting compared to Edelman but he never got a chance to prove himself.
I think that the Patriots are headed in a new direction with there offense this season acquiring taller receivers that won’t be going over the middle. In 2019 Berrios will have to grind away on the practice squad. I also expect undrafted free agent wide receiver Jakobi Meyers to join him.