Jamie Collins, LB
On the defensive side of the football, versatility will also play a key role in a New England Patriots victory.
That, of course, means Jamie Collins will be all over the field in this one.
More from New England Patriots
- Former Patriot Stevan Ridley Put Kevin Hart in a Wheelchair
- 3 Patriots Who Can Clinch a Roster Spot in Final Preseason Game
- Patriots Get Win Over Division Rivals Before Season Even Begins
- New Massachusetts Sportsbook Promos: $450 Bonus to Bet on Your Patriots at Caesars + DraftKings
- Ezekiel Elliott Reveals 3 Reasons Why He Signed With Patriots
Aside from creating some pressure on Patrick Mahomes II and keeping him in the pocket, expect the Patriots linebacker to play a key role in covering the running backs, particularly LeSean McCoy catching passes out of the backfield.
If there is a weakness in this No. 1 ranked Patriots defense, it is their linebackers in coverage vs. running backs.
As we seen against the Houston Texans, if opposing offenses get one-on-one matchups with their running backs going against Kyle Van Noy, Dont’a Hightower and Elandon Roberts, the results are usually good.
That is not the case against the fast, athletic Jamie Collins who does a good job staying with running backs as long as he sticks with his assignment.
Expect some big plays on defense from Mr. Collins who has a knack of sniffing out the football and creating turnovers whether it is forced fumbles or interceptions.
In the past couple matchups, the New England Patriots have forced early mistakes out of Patrick Mahomes. He will have another one in this game. Jamie Collins is highly likely to be right in the middle of it.