5. Julian Edelman Week 5 vs. Washington Redskins
What made Julian Edelman’s Week 5 performance against the Washington Redskins so memorable is that he was questionable prior to the game due to a chest injury suffered in the team’s Week 3 victory over the New York Jets.
More from New England Patriots
- Former Patriot Stevan Ridley Put Kevin Hart in a Wheelchair
- 3 Patriots Who Can Clinch a Roster Spot in Final Preseason Game
- Patriots Get Win Over Division Rivals Before Season Even Begins
- New Massachusetts Sportsbook Promos: $450 Bonus to Bet on Your Patriots at Caesars + DraftKings
- Ezekiel Elliott Reveals 3 Reasons Why He Signed With Patriots
While the New England Patriots didn’t need much firepower to beat the Redskins in this Week 5 matchup, Tom Brady made the most of his most trusted receiver by connecting with Edelman for eight receptions on nine targets for 110 yards and a touchdown in the 33-7 win that extended the Patriots record at the time to 5-0.
Again, displaying his toughness and relentlessness on the field, Julian Edelman was a tough cover for the Redskins’ secondary, especially cornerback Josh Norman who watched while Edelman made a nice, toe-tapping layout catch along the sideline for a first down.
In all, it was probably one of the last games in which the Patriots’ offense was effective. Tom Brady threw for over 300 yards, Josh Gordon added 59 yards on five catches and running back Sony Michel finally got going with 91 yards rushing along with three catches for 32 yards.
But, again, it was Julian Edelman that keep the chains moving and the offense rocking as the New England Patriots ran away with the win in the second half after falling down quickly to the Redskins 7-0.