It needs to be Tuukka Time
Tuukka Rask needs to have a much better series. Rask currently has a .899 save percentage and a 2.94 goals against average. If the Bruins want to have any chance of advancing they need Tuukka to be hovering around 2 goals per game.
More from Chowder and Champions
- 3 Midseason Chaim Bloom Decisions That Have Killed the 2023 Red Sox
- 10 Patriots Who Will Be Cut by Tuesday’s Roster Deadline
- MLB Screws Red Sox Fans With Broadcast for Mookie Betts Return
- 3 Most Underpaid Celtics Heading Into the 2023 Season
- Red Sox Continue Rollercoaster Season With Massive Win
Now part of this was due to a struggling defense, but Rask still gave up some goals that he wished he could have back.
Rask was pretty dominant against the Lightning in the regular season. He was 3-1 with a .926 save percentage and a 2 goals against average. If Rask can replicate these performances the Bruins will have a good chance to come out on top.
It hasn’t been the best of postseasons for Tuukka. If the Bruins lost game 7 Bruins fans would be calling for him to lose his job. Rask was flat out horrible.
Tuukka has been gifted a second chance against a team that he has performed well against. Hopefully, he will be able to take advantage.