1. Keep your composure
The Boston Bruins committed three penalties on Saturday night. Two of them were due to a lack of composure. Now these calls were terrible. The refs were softer than a feather. If this is how the series is going to be policed the Bruins are going to have to be much smarter.
More from Chowder and Champions
- 3 Midseason Chaim Bloom Decisions That Have Killed the 2023 Red Sox
- 10 Patriots Who Will Be Cut by Tuesday’s Roster Deadline
- MLB Screws Red Sox Fans With Broadcast for Mookie Betts Return
- 3 Most Underpaid Celtics Heading Into the 2023 Season
- Red Sox Continue Rollercoaster Season With Massive Win
Brad Marchand did a great job of this. He was causing trouble, and getting in the middle of things, but didn’t cross the line. Marchand lives on causing chaos. It is what gets him going. Marchand has to keep causing trouble, but not cross the line. He crosschecked an opposing player and was lucky to not get penalized.
David Pastrnak was the perpetrator in one of these calls. He crosschecked Tyler Johnson after he was slammed into the boards. It was an uncharacteristic play by the winger. It even negated a goal.
Even though it cost them a goal, I like the fire out of Pastrnak. When he first entered the league he seemed afraid of contact. Now “Pasta” is the one initiating contact.
If the Bruins can maintain their cool they won’t be in the penalty box and may even score a few more goals.