The Boston Red Sox have only played 5 games, but that doesn’t mean we can’t make some predictions based on their rough start to the season.
This season has been a rough one for Boston Red Sox fans so far. The team has been struggling mightily and has been a massive disappointment.
No one could have expected that the Red Sox would only have one win in their first 5 games. They are the defending champions. The roster is basically the same. Boy were Red Sox fans wrong.
More from Chowder and Champions
- 3 Midseason Chaim Bloom Decisions That Have Killed the 2023 Red Sox
- 10 Patriots Who Will Be Cut by Tuesday’s Roster Deadline
- MLB Screws Red Sox Fans With Broadcast for Mookie Betts Return
- 3 Most Underpaid Celtics Heading Into the 2023 Season
- Red Sox Continue Rollercoaster Season With Massive Win
Everyone that you thought you could rely on is performing poorly while some surprising players are having good starts to the season.
It is clear that things aren’t going to be as they appear. The road to the World Series will be a difficult one.
So here are 3 predictions based off the Red Sox’s horrid start to the season.
1. Chris Sale wasn’t worth his contract extension
Chris Sale got a nice little payday in the offseason. He signed a 5 year $145 million extension. Sale isn’t leaving Boston anytime soon.
Sale kicked off the season in the worst way possible. He only pitched 3 innings and gave up 7 earned runs and 3 home runs. It can’t get much worse than that.
The Boston Red Sox will not be repeating if Chris Sale and the rest of the rotation continue to perform at such a poor level.