The time has come for Jaylen Brown to get a contract extension and the Boston Celtics need to keep him on the team.
The Boston Celtics have had a lot of turnover in recent years. We have seen that this offseason with the team undergoing some massive changes. Boston could use some consistency.
One player that has shown that he is worth the investment is Jaylen Brown. He could become a major player for the Celtics in seasons to come.
More from Chowder and Champions
- New England Patriots rumors: Kyle Rudolph would jumpstart passing game
- Celtics knock off Clippers: Kemba Walker on fire & other key takeaways
- Celtics news & rumors: More Gordon Hayward; Bradley Beal trade buzz
- Boston Red Sox: 3 surprise breakout candidates in 2021 MLB season
- New England Patriots rumors: Alex Smith needs to retire, not join Pats
Brown is a great scorer. He is extremely athletic and loves to drive to the rim, but also is able to shoot the ball.
One of the reasons that the Boston Celtics need to keep Jaylen, is that he isn’t a distraction. Brown will never call out his teammates or act up like Kyrie did last season. He has a good head on his shoulders and will be a leader in the locker room.
This will be an important season whether the Celtics decide to lock him up now or after the season. Brown needs to show what he can do as one of the main players.
Brown should be in the starting lineup. If he is able to average close to 20 points and 5 rebounds a game the Celtics would be in a great place.