Mohamed Sanu made progress
More from Chowder and Champions
- 3 Midseason Chaim Bloom Decisions That Have Killed the 2023 Red Sox
- 10 Patriots Who Will Be Cut by Tuesday’s Roster Deadline
- MLB Screws Red Sox Fans With Broadcast for Mookie Betts Return
- 3 Most Underpaid Celtics Heading Into the 2023 Season
- Red Sox Continue Rollercoaster Season With Massive Win
He did have a drop in the game as did a few of the Patriots receivers, but he had a couple key third-down conversions that showed just why the team felt he would be a valuable addition.
Now, he was predicted to have his best output as a member of the Patriots on Sunday. I had him with close to 10 catches for about 80 yards.
Well, that didn’t come close to happening as Mohamed Sanu had just 3 receptions for 35 yards.
But, in grading the veteran wide receiver, the play that really stuck out was a key third down conversion on the team’s go ahead drive late in the fourth quarter. Sanu broke his rout to get open for Tom Brady who had a ton of time to through.
That kind of adjustment is exactly what a quarterback like Brady loves running routs. More of that in the playoffs and perhaps the New England Patriots offense will have enough to actually make a deep run.
Overall, the jury is still out on Sanu as far as this season is concerned. However, he made some nice plays on the field that should definitely be marked on his progress report.