This has been a problem for the Boston Bruins for two straight seasons. They have been forced to rely on the 1st line for the majority of their scoring.
More from Boston Bruins
- Boston Bruins fans better be ready for a bridge year
- Boston Bruins Rumors: Why letting Tyler Bertuzzi walk is a big mistake
- Boston Bruins Rumors: Milan Lucic back returns to the Black & Gold express
- Boston Bruins Draft class 2023: Grades & thoughts on draft selections
- Boston Bruins win 3 big awards at NHL Awards Gala: Thoughts & reactions
Boston’s 1st line has accumulated 151 points. That is over 40 percent of the team’s total scoring.
The Bruins need some secondary scoring. There is the 1st line and then there is everyone else. David Krejci is the closest to replicating the numbers and he only has 8 goals and 20 assists.
If the Bruins can’t get secondary scoring they will get the same result as last season. They might be able to get to the Stanley Cup finals but they won’t be lifting a banner at TD Garden anytime soon.