Kyle Van Noy
2019 was quite the year for Kyle Van Noy. He had the best season of his career and will get a major pay raise. That definitely won’t be coming from the Patriots.
More from Chowder and Champions
- 3 Midseason Chaim Bloom Decisions That Have Killed the 2023 Red Sox
- 10 Patriots Who Will Be Cut by Tuesday’s Roster Deadline
- MLB Screws Red Sox Fans With Broadcast for Mookie Betts Return
- 3 Most Underpaid Celtics Heading Into the 2023 Season
- Red Sox Continue Rollercoaster Season With Massive Win
Van Noy racked up 6.5 sacks and 56 total tackles. He was one of New England’s best pass rushers and was a major part of the defense’s success. Still, it is highly unlikely he returns to the Patriots.
If Van Noy is going to stay in New England he would have to give the team a hometown discount. I wouldn’t count on that happening.
Also, I think the Patriots will be better off without Van Noy. He owes all his success to the team because his career turned around once he came to New England.
You can also partially blame Van Noy for the Wild Card loss. Titans players and coaches got bulletin board material when Van Noy said that the Patriots were going on a “revenge tour.” Logan Ryan even talked about Van Noy’s comments after the game.
So don’t expect Kyle Van Noy to be on the Patriots roster next season.