More from New England Patriots
- Former Patriot Stevan Ridley Put Kevin Hart in a Wheelchair
- 3 Patriots Who Can Clinch a Roster Spot in Final Preseason Game
- Patriots Get Win Over Division Rivals Before Season Even Begins
- New Massachusetts Sportsbook Promos: $450 Bonus to Bet on Your Patriots at Caesars + DraftKings
- Ezekiel Elliott Reveals 3 Reasons Why He Signed With Patriots
Ever since he made the switch from cornerback to safety, McCourty has performed well. He has done whatever the team has asked of him.
McCourty had a strong season grabbing 5 interceptions as he patrolled the secondary. Clearly, he is still one of the best safeties in the NFL.
Now there were questions if McCourty would finally retire after this season. After the Patriots’ loss, he openly stated that he wasn’t going to retire.
I would expect McCourty to stay with the Patriots. He has become apart of the team’s core group of players. His leadership on and off the field would be missed a ton if he left.
Also, McCourty’s twin brother is still on the team. You would have to think that they would want to stay together and then retire at the same time.