Boston Celtics forward Semi Ojeleye didn’t play much in the first round of the playoffs, but he may play an important role against the Milwaukee Bucks.
Last postseason we saw Ojeleye get an expanded role when the Celtics faced off against the Milwaukee Bucks. He was charged with a difficult task, defending Giannis Antetokounmpo.
More from Chowder and Champions
- New England Patriots rumors: Kyle Rudolph would jumpstart passing game
- Celtics knock off Clippers: Kemba Walker on fire & other key takeaways
- Celtics news & rumors: More Gordon Hayward; Bradley Beal trade buzz
- Boston Red Sox: 3 surprise breakout candidates in 2021 MLB season
- New England Patriots rumors: Alex Smith needs to retire, not join Pats
They don’t call Antetokounmpo the “Greek Freak” for nothing. He is an amazing athlete who can drive his way to easy baskets. Antetokounmpo is one of the best players in the NBA today.
Ojeleye did well last postseason. He held Antetokounmpo in check and helped the Celtics advance. His job will be even harder this season.
If the Celtics want to win this series they are going to have to play some great defense. They will need Ojeleye to lock Antetokounmpo down.
Semi is a tough guy to blow by. He stands at 6’7″ and weighs 241 pounds. Ojeleye looks like he spends more time in the gym than The Rock.
The Celtics will need Ojeleye to be physical and take Antetokounmpo off his game. If Giannis can be held to 20 points that would be considered a job well done. Ojeleye has done it before so hopefully he can do it again.
Hopefully this season they will make it all the way to the NBA Finals.