The Boston Bruins jumped out to a 1-0 series lead in the Eastern Conference Finals in a back and forth game. In the end, the better team secured the victory.
I think Boston Bruins fans learned a lesson. The Carolina Hurricanes shouldn’t be taken lightly. They are a quality hockey team that can cause some problems.
More from Chowder and Champions
- 3 Midseason Chaim Bloom Decisions That Have Killed the 2023 Red Sox
- 10 Patriots Who Will Be Cut by Tuesday’s Roster Deadline
- MLB Screws Red Sox Fans With Broadcast for Mookie Betts Return
- 3 Most Underpaid Celtics Heading Into the 2023 Season
- Red Sox Continue Rollercoaster Season With Massive Win
A player that Boston needs to watch out for is Sebastian Aho. Aho was all over the ice on Thursday night and played great.
Also, Bruins fans got to see a familiar face. Dougie Hamilton had a horrible game committing two terrible penalties that helped Boston secure the win. I think Boston has permanent real estate in Hamilton’s head.
This was a very important victory for the Bruins. Without Charlie McAvoy they could have easily gone down 1-0, but they held it together and found a way to win. Now the Bruins need to keep the pedal to the metal and squash any hopes that the Hurricanes have.
There is definitely plenty to talk about coming out of Game 1. It was truly a whirlwind of a hockey game.
So here are 5 takeaways from the Boston Bruins great win over the Carolina Hurricanes in Game 1 of the Eastern Conference Finals.