David Ortiz’s latest comments show that he is focused on defending the Boston Red Sox even at the expense of some players.
But some comments that Ortiz has made recently are major head scratchers. It all started around the Super Bowl when Ortiz was on media row.
More from Chowder and Champions
- 3 Midseason Chaim Bloom Decisions That Have Killed the 2023 Red Sox
- 10 Patriots Who Will Be Cut by Tuesday’s Roster Deadline
- MLB Screws Red Sox Fans With Broadcast for Mookie Betts Return
- 3 Most Underpaid Celtics Heading Into the 2023 Season
- Red Sox Continue Rollercoaster Season With Massive Win
When Ortiz was speaking with Toucher and Rich from 98.5 the Sports Hub he spoke about how the Patriots should pay Tom Brady whatever it costs as that is what the Red Sox did for him.
Ortiz easily could have supported a former teammate who deserved the money, but Ortiz supported the organization.
The latest comments from Ortiz support this even more. Ortiz is at Spring Training and spoke about the Astros cheating scandal in surprising fashion.
Big Papi didn’t go after the Astros. He went after Mike Fiers calling him a snitch and questioning the timing of Fiers telling MLB about the cheating. He also defended Rob Manfred in what can only be described as an odd move.
Everyone is attacking Manfred for his lack of punishment in regards to the Astros sign stealing. Ortiz is telling the players to relax and give Manfred a break. It’s almost like he is begging him to not come down hard on the Red Sox.