On Tuesday the Boston Celtics played the Cleveland Cavaliers and rookie Carsen Edwards put on a show. C’s fans should be excited by his performance.
More from Chowder and Champions
- Boston Red Sox: The pros and cons of an Alex Cora rehire
- New England Patriots Rumors: Adam Thielen an enticing trade target
- New England Patriots Rumors: Why team shouldn’t trade for J.J. Watt
- New England Patriots Rumors: Why it’s time to trade Joe Thuney
- New England Patriots Rumors: John Ross would add excitement to offense
Edwards had the game of his life against the Cavs. In the 3rd quarter Edwards hit 8 three-pointers in the 3rd quarter alone. He finished the game with 30 points in only 21 minutes.
It just seemed like Edwards couldn’t miss. If he pulled up from behind half-court I still would have expected the shot to go in.
Now I don’t know if we can expect this kind of output from Edwards each and every night. But this performance shows what he is capable of.
Edwards can be a guy that comes off the bench and gives the team life. If the team is down he can bring them back and even give them the lead.
From what we have seen Edwards has proven that he can be a key part of the Celtics bench. He might be the shooter that the team has been looking for to come off the bench. Maybe Edwards will be the modern-day Eddie House?