The Boston Bruins are in desperate need of some toughness. Sadly it doesn’t look like Kevan Miller will be starting anytime soon.
More from Chowder and Champions
- Patriots Free Agency Rumors: The case against re-signing Matthew Slater
- Boston Celtics News: All-Star Jayson Tatum here to stay
- Boston Bruins news: Brad Marchand’s amazing year overlooked
- New England Patriots 2020 NFL Draft: Plenty of options at No. 23
- Patriots Free Agency Rumors: The case for re-signing Elandon Roberts
Miller doesn’t provide a lot of skill (even though he has a wicked slap shot). The defensemen is powerful with his hits and isn’t afraid to drop the gloves. That is something that Boston desperately needs right now.
The problem is that Miller isn’t returning anytime soon. He hasn’t played a game this entire season and I don’t know if he will. Miller suffered a setback with his knee injury and his status for this season is up in the air.
With the amount of time that Miller has been out of commission you have to question if he will ever play again. It seems like this knee injury is really bad.
But this seems like the time the Bruins need Miller the most. They can’t afford to lose Zdeno Chara for a fighting major and the Bruins don’t have a lot of players who are willing to drop the gloves.
At one point it seemed like Miller was someone who didn’t matter in the big picture. He just seemed like a bottom pairing defensemen who can occasionally score some goals. Trading Miller seemed like a better idea than keeping him.