The Boston Bruins are in desperate need of some toughness. Sadly it doesn’t look like Kevan Miller will be starting anytime soon.
More from Chowder and Champions
- 3 Midseason Chaim Bloom Decisions That Have Killed the 2023 Red Sox
- 10 Patriots Who Will Be Cut by Tuesday’s Roster Deadline
- MLB Screws Red Sox Fans With Broadcast for Mookie Betts Return
- 3 Most Underpaid Celtics Heading Into the 2023 Season
- Red Sox Continue Rollercoaster Season With Massive Win
Miller doesn’t provide a lot of skill (even though he has a wicked slap shot). The defensemen is powerful with his hits and isn’t afraid to drop the gloves. That is something that Boston desperately needs right now.
The problem is that Miller isn’t returning anytime soon. He hasn’t played a game this entire season and I don’t know if he will. Miller suffered a setback with his knee injury and his status for this season is up in the air.
With the amount of time that Miller has been out of commission you have to question if he will ever play again. It seems like this knee injury is really bad.
But this seems like the time the Bruins need Miller the most. They can’t afford to lose Zdeno Chara for a fighting major and the Bruins don’t have a lot of players who are willing to drop the gloves.
At one point it seemed like Miller was someone who didn’t matter in the big picture. He just seemed like a bottom pairing defensemen who can occasionally score some goals. Trading Miller seemed like a better idea than keeping him.