With the 2019 NBA Draft in the rearview mirror, Boston Celtics fans are growing skeptical of GM Danny Ainge.
For a long time we have thought of Boston Celtics GM Danny Ainge as a genius. Every move seemed to work to perfection. Now that doesn’t seem to be the case. The Celtics are not looking good and Danny Ainge is making a lot of questionable moves.
More from Chowder and Champions
- Red Sox rumors: 3 low-risk high-reward options at MLB Trade Deadline
- New England Patriots Rumors: 3 unhappy superstars Pats could trade for
- Red Sox rumors: 3 big splash sluggers to acquire at MLB Trade Deadline
- Boston Red Sox Rumors: 3 Tigers targets at MLB Trade Deadline
- New England Patriots: 3 biggest storylines heading into Training Camp
Horford may have wanted a longer deal than the Celtics wanted, but they owed it to the center. He became one of the most beloved players on the team.
Then the draft came and we were hoping that the Celtics would make a splash. Maybe they would trade up in the draft or select a star?
None of that happened. They reached for Grant Williams when there were players available that were much more talented and fit Boston’s needs.
Then the Celtics decided to trade the 24th overall pick and Aron Baynes to the Phoenix Suns for a 2020 1st round pick.
Now I’m glad the Celtics got another first round pick, but now they are extremely weak at center. Right now Robert Williams is your starter. The “Time Lord” barely played last season so this is less than ideal.
The Boston Celtics need to make a move. They need to bring in a free agent or else the 2019-20 season could be over before it even starts.
Danny Ainge needs to start making some moves or else he could be out of a job.