After bringing back Charlie McAvoy, the Boston Bruins announced that they signed Brandon Carlo. Don Sweeney might be a magician.
This offseason was full of question marks for the Bruins. The team had to find a way to bring back key players like Charlie McAvoy, and Brandon Carlo. With Torey Krug’s contract expiring at the end of the season, it seemed like we would be losing one of these players.
More from Chowder and Champions
- Boston Red Sox News: George Springer now a problem in AL East
- New England Patriots: Bill Belichick’s girlfriend Linda Holliday defends head coach
- Boston Bruins must fix early season offensive struggles soon
- New England Patriots: 6 biggest offseason rumors and questions in 2021
- New England Patriots: Richard Seymour on his way to Pro Football Hall of Fame
Sweeney does deserve some credit. He must be able to convince these guys that it’s worth it to help out the team.
So now the Bruins are set for the future. They will have one of the best defenses in the entire NHL.
We saw what Carlo was able to do when he stayed healthy. He didn’t light up the stat sheet but he was the true defensemen that Boston needed.
It seemed like there was no possible way that the Bruins would be able to bring back Torey Krug. A trade deadline moved almost seemed like a certainty.
Now I think the Bruins will be able to work something out. Krug has already mentioned that he is willing to take a hometown discount. He is basically begging the Bruins to sign him.
So Sweeney has been amazing for the Boston Bruins and this offseason makes it hard to think otherwise.